Monday, April 26, 2010

It always pays to be nice

I ran to CVS today because one of my bloggers posted that they had 5/$5 boxes of wheat thins and I love wheat thins, plus I had $1 off coupon so that would make them free! I don't usually go to CVS because they don't have the best customer service and their prices are higher than Target. But for free I thought I'd give it a try. Turns out you needed their CVS rewards card to get the deal and I tossed mine long ago. The cashier was nice and just scanned the one she had on the top of her pile next to the register. I asked if I could fill out a new form and just get a new card, so she handed me the one she had just scanned. Well I guess that card had been at the top of the pile and used for a while to get deals when people forgot their cards, and when the receipt printed it said the card already had over $92 in purchases on it! Since you get 2% back in CVS extra care bucks (to spend at CVS) I instantly made around $20 just for being in the right place at the right time! WOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment